Thursday, November 19, 2009

Chapter Nineteen: In Which I Am Lazy

Word Count: 29,422


Oh, Reader... I have been slothful, I regretfully inform you.

However, I do not plan on this dry spell lasting for long. I have a completely free weekend (an amazing thing after having rehearsals on Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday for the last two montha) and I will crack down.

The good thing is that I am still all in for my story. By this time last year, I was plodding along adding maybe 100 words a day, not the 1,000 or more I've been adding for the past few. It's a good feeling to still be excited about this story.

I've actually been focusing quite a bit on the end, possibly because that's where all the exciting stuff happens. Exciting stuff happens in the beginning, too, but it's just not as exciting.

My story has been developing. Possibly as a result of writing a good amount of words during a show about death row, it has become much darker than I anticipated. It scares me a little, to be honest. I didn't know I could go to these dark places. Where do I come up with this stuff? I had planned Ruthie's time in the slightly creepy house to be much shorter- she'd go in, she'd stay a few days, she'd break everyone out. Yay, Hero Ruthie. But now, she's completey ticked off the couple that live in the house and they attempt to persuade her to comply with their rules in a rather cruel way. Where does this stuff come from?


Reader, I just realised that I basically have ten days to write many thousands more words. I'll get on that. In fact, I should do that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment