Friday, April 16, 2010

However Many You Discover, There is Always One More.

This will be a short post, as I'm in the throes of writing, but since I have lamented much about this project, I'll give you an update:

The adaptation decision actually made itself. Though, because I'm me, I'm still constantly worried it's the wrong one, the signs were there. The Sleeping Beauty one is still something I want to work on over the summer, but whenever I went to work on either of the adaptations, I always opened up Peter Pan. As I've said, I really love my premise and it keeps drawing me in.

So I've been taking a lot of notes in my new found free time (I was cast in another student film, this time at my own school, and was supposed to be filming now, but some location scouting was not well planned out and so I have the afternoon off. First shots tonight!) I've been using both Barrie's play and his novel, and though I've read both in full, recently, I am finding some true gold in these rereadings, wonderful stuff I overlooked before this plot was created. I'll leave you with a few that are really feeding my inspiration:

"He got all of her, except the innermost box and the kiss." (If I had to choose a tagline for this project at the moment, it would be this.)

"Her romantic mind was like the tiny boxes, one within the other, that come from the puzzling East, however many you discover, there is always one more."

"Children have the strangest adventures without being troubled by them."

No comments:

Post a Comment