Sunday, August 15, 2010

Those Things You Don't Want (But Need) To Hear

My friend and I met to discuss what he had read of my novel. When we sat down to talk, he opened with the following:

"There's one really big problem."

Not exactly what I wanted to hear. But I knew he was right before he even started elaborating.

Basically, I have a lot of work to do. A LOT of work to do. And if I wanted, I could ignore all of his comments and just leave my novel as it is- I have no ambition of publishing this one. But the thing is, though I don't really need to see this one on the shelves of Borders, I want to make it the best it can be. I want to make it up to publishing quality, even if I never send it off.

Here's a look at one of the pages after his editing:



It's going to be a long, hard journey, but I think in the end, it's all going to be worth it. Right now, though, I've got a LOT of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment