Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Encore?

I was up until all hours this morning writing. While this isn't uncommon for me, what I was doing was plotting out the rest of The Other Side of Light, my NaNo 2010. As I was working on the end, something surprising presented itself- I may need a sequel.


This was a little shocking. I've never written two linked stories and I never set out to make Light anything but a stand-alone novel. I also don't know HOW to write something like this. I know now that if I want to do this, I need to plot out both at the same time, not only to make sure they are recognizable as related stories, but to make sure that I actually have enough to write two books... otherwise I may just have to make Light longer than I'd planned.

Have any of you done this? 'Cause I'm open to any tips :p

No comments:

Post a Comment