Thursday, July 29, 2010

Not My Awesomeness, But Still Awesome

I had planned to post the completed version of a writing exercise tonight, but it's giving me more trouble than I thought. Hopefully I can finish tonight and post tomorrow. But I do have something to share.

I've mentioned before that one of my favorite authors is Libba Bray. She recently won the Printz Award for her newest book, Going Bovine. I've been hearing how amazing her speech was when she got the award, but I kept forgetting to look it up and watch. Well, I did it today. I thought I'd just play it as some background noise to listen to while I cleaned my room... but I kept being drawn into it, and finally, I just sat down on my floor and watched. I laughed a lot. She's a funny, funny woman. And I also cried a lot. Libba Bray is a freaking rock star.

Here's the link to a video of her speech. Watch it. http://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/al_focus/libba-bray-2010-printz-awards-speech

No comments:

Post a Comment