Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The End of the Road... Or Rather, Stopping At a Corner

As of 12 pm this afternoon, I finished editing my novel.

I couldn't believe it. It felt like the end of something.

Of course, as my entry title states, it's less the end of a road than reaching a corner and stopping for a bit of a rest. There is a LOT more left to do with this novel, and I'm equal parts scared and excited about it. I still love the story, and I guess that's a good thing.

As for statistics of what changed since draft one of Remembrance:

-1 more-minor major character was deleted, since she turned out to be not-so-major.
-2 minor characters were added.
-3 huge scene were deleted.
-5 more (about) were added.
-3,000 words (about) were deleted.
-10,000 words were added.
-What seemed like 1,000,000 small changes were made.

Hooray!

I sent it off to my friend for another round of editing. I'm terrified, mostly because he knows me very well and this novel is... not always what people think of me. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment