Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Decision Has Been Made

I've decided what I'm doing for NaNo 2010! I'll be working on The Other Side of Light, which, as you might have seen on the sidebar, is a contemporary drama-ish novel. (I say drama-ish because while the main events are dramatic, my MC Lyddie has some pretty humorous comments to make about her circumstances.)

It's kind of exciting to know what I'll be working on in November. Since I've already started it (8,700 words already written), my rule will be that, whatever number I have when November rolls around, I have to write 50,000 more. It'd be easy to cheat and just include the 8,000+, but I'll never feel like I truly succeeded unless I write 50,000 words in November.

Unlike Remembrance, this story was created through a prompt I found on the NaNo forums, one that pretty much just read, "There is a house. Inside are two lanterns. They can't ever go out. If they do, something bad will happen." Intrigue... You've already read some of it, actually. I'm really excited to hate this in November, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment