Tuesday, February 16, 2010

More Frustration

I should know how to do this. I've been writing plays since I was seven years old. But now, suddenly, I'm faced with the prospect of writing a scene- one scene- based on or inspired by material that's been around for over a hundred years, and I can't do it!

This is so frustrating. That little cursor that begins a blank page has been blinking at me all day. Though we only have to write one scene, we have to approach this project as if we're being commissioned to write an entire play, so we need to have a general synopsis. I talked it over with my friend Kara, who had read the scene I've complained about in previous posts, and she helped me sort out the ideas I already had and also extracted some extra stuff from the scene, as well as giving suggestions over her own.

Now I sort of have an idea of what I want to do... but only sort of. I wish I would just stop thinking so hard over this.

No comments:

Post a Comment