Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Reintroduction

So I've been feeling a bit disconnected from this blog- I'm running three blogs at the moment and it's overwhelming me a bit. But I promise to keep this at the top of my to-do list and start doing WIP Wednesdays and the like again, starting tomorrow!

To reconnect myself with the blogging world, here's a meme I picked up from Hannah, who was my first follower!

How would people describe your personality (if they could only use ONE word)? Are they right?
My friend Megan just said “determined” and I would definitely agree with that. I am a very focused and sometime tenacious person when it comes to achieving goals.

What celebrity/celebrities would create a “Star Struck” feeling if you saw them in real life?
I am easily star-struck (I used to get star struck around leads of community theatre plays I’d be in), so the easy answer is “anyone with a higher coolness factor than I.” But to narrow it down a bit, I would (and have) gotten star struck around my favorite author, Libba Bray, and would around another favorite, Maureen Johnson. I was pretty bad around Keira Knightley when I met her a few weeks ago. Uh… Laura Linney. Emma Thompson. Kate Winslet.

Who is your favorite blogger? Why?
I love reading Hannah and Rachel’s blogs- they always remind me to look on the bright side and see the beauty in life. Libba Bray and Maureen Johnson. And The Struggling Actress, too!

What is your comfort food/drink?
I’m pretty addicted to Diet Coke, and chocolate is definitely my comfort food.

Be brave- tell us something very random and weird about yourself.
I have extremely dilated pupils all the time, so much that people have teased me about it.


Do you have a strong desire to do something you’ve never done? What is it?
I would love to go rock climbing on a real cliffside. I love rock climbing (though I haven’t been in years) and I think that would be so cool. Something that doesn’t jibe with my love of rock climbing, though? I’m afraid of heights.

Movies: Action, Drama, Romantic Comedy, Documentary, Comedy? What are your favorite genres?
I would say that I just like smart movies. If I had to choose from the above, I’d say drama, but really, if a movie is intelligent, I’ll probably like it.

Books: Fiction, Non-Fiction, Romance, Biographies, True Stories, Self-Help, Devotional/Study? What are your favorite types of reading material?
On a broad scale, I love young adult literature. Within that genre and branching into others, historical fiction is my favorite.

Music: Funk, Rock, Country, Jazz, Classical, Film Score, Blues, Classic Rock, Crooner, Alternative, Heavy Metal, Techno? What are your favorite types?
My musical taste is very eclectic. If I hear a song that I like, I’ll put it on my MP3 player, no matter what it’s classified as. My favorite it Broadway music- I love that it has a story and emotion to it. I also love music from the 1940’s and the only band I can say I love right now is ALL CAPS.

If you inherited a million dollars, what is the first thing you would do with your money?
Well, I’d love to go on a shopping spree- I’m a bit of a clothes horse. But I’d also give a large chunk of change to my university theatre department and my arts high school. Oh, and try to pay back my parents for this London trip- even though it’s part of my schooling, I know it’s expensive.

Name one weakness of yours.
I am the jealous type. I never, ever take it out on the person of whom I am jealous, but I get very jealous very easily, and I wish I didn’t. I’m also a workaholic when it comes to my acting, sometimes blindingly so. I gave up seeing my family over most of my Thanksgiving break this year so I could do a play two hours away from my home, and I felt bad about that.

If you could live anywhere at all (and take your loved ones with you), where would you go?
After living in London for two months now, with four more to go, I have to say, right here. I love London, and England, so, so much. Second to that, New York City.

Strange talent? Can you juggle basketballs, put your legs behind your head or perform some other strange feat?
Hm… I don’t think I have any, to be honest. Oh! I can be verbally fed long strings of numbers and letters and then recite them back from memory from smallest to biggest number and then in alphabetical order perfectly. I found this out when I was getting IQ tests done a few years ago. I think it comes from memorizing scripts and book passages from a pretty young age.

What’s something your consider yourself to be good at? (Don’t worry, it’s not bragging. It’s acknowledging a God-given gift.)
Well, I guess I consider myself to be good at acting and writing, though I know I have definite room for improvement in both. I think I take all right pictures, too... I hate questions like this.

What is one of your favorite things to catch a whiff of?
Freshly mown grass- the country girl in me coming out! Also, books. I love the smell of bookstores, new or used.

When you leave a social gathering, do you wish you would have talked more or talked less?
Always the former. I don’t talk much in social gatherings unless I know everyone really well. I’m very shy around anyone new.

If money wasn’t a factor, what stores would you shop in?
Anthropologie- their dresses are adorable, but their prices make me cringe. However, I’d still most likely spend most of my money in Target!

What is your greatest fear?
I guess… not achieving my dreams. I was going to say failure, but if I fail along the way to achieving my dream, that’s fine. But I really don’t know what I’ll do if I don’t do what I want with my life.

What is your greatest accomplishment?
My workaholic-ness coming out, but I’m really proud of my acting resume. I’ve worked really hard for the past eight years to get the credits I have, and it’s gotten me into some very exclusive auditions that people my age don’t usually have access to.

What are your favorite animals?
Otters!

Are you a hopeless romantic?
Absolutely. Although I don’t believe in love at first sight- does that take away that title?

What movie or book character can you most relate to?
Gemma Doyle from the Gemma Doyle Trilogy. So, so much.




Starting tomorrow, I'll be back with a vengence!

7 comments:

  1. Can I just say that I am jealous of you right now? :) My sister is moving to London in ten days...and I want to move with her!! Very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am addicted to Diet Coke to! Why is it so addicting? I haven't figured that out yet...hummmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved London when I was there too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. London was a fun place. When my hubby retired he took me to England for a month and that was really awesome.

    But since I love it here in Kansas...I really can say...There's no place like home! (:>)

    It seems like it would be fun to be an actor. I hope it continues to go well for you!

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Rachel! I'm stopping by from Lynnette's blog party! Oh wait! I AM Lynnette from Lynnette's blog party! :) ha! I've just seen people say that in their comments, so I thought I'd give it a try. Doesn't work in my case. tee hee

    You like intelligent movies huh? What is an intelligent movie? Like Inception? That movie went way over my head - although it did entertain me in some way. So, maybe I like unintelligent movies. ha! Honestly, I like some really dorky movies - I guess they are my escape from life. I like to laugh! BUT... I do enjoy BBC dramas too and documentaries, and they aren't funny. Well, sometimes they are.

    Well, I'm rambling (totally), but I just wanted to say hello and ENJOY THE PARTY!
    Lynnette :)
    Dancing Barefoot on Weathered Ground

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Linda :)

    Lynette, first of all, thanks for linking up all of us! The meme was fun!

    I guess by intelligent, I just mean having some sort of wit and/or knowledge to what they're doing. The entire movie doesn't have to be intellectual- for example, look at the movie Easy A. The basic premise is that a girl get a rumor spread around about her because she pretends to take a boy's virginity, and she ends up embracing that label just because she can. Not exactly the "smartest" plot in the world, but the script is so witty, making references to everything from The Scarlet Letter to Kinsey, and the actors are so great with their delivery of those lines that the movie ends up being very intelligent.
    I haven't seen Inception, though I've been told I need to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just might be a little jealous of you. London? Definately a place I've wanted to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete